Thursday, March 16, 2006

Why won't this girl sleep???? Ella was awake until 12am last night. At 8pm, I gave her a bottle, and she barely sucked it all down before she was off chillin' with Morpheus. Then, about 45 minutes later, she was wide awake and ready to party! So, we hung out for awhile. At nearly 10pm, I decided that it was seriously time for little girls to go to sleep, so I turned on the CD player, snuggled down in the glider, and rocked Ella. Fifteen minutes later, she was sound asleep again. I held her for about 20 minutes, then I figured I could safely put her in her crib and go to bed myself. I was wrong. The second Ella's back hit the mattress, her eyes popped open and she was ready to party again. I was very frustrated and very tired at this point, so I went to solicit the help of Chuck. I don't know exactly what I wanted him to do, but I wanted him to do something - anything. He could see that I was about to lose it, so he graciously volunteered to take over trying to convince Ella it was sleepy-time, not party-time. She finally fell asleep and stayed asleep around midnight.
Is teething keeping her awake? She doesn't act grumpy and she doesn't seem to hurt in any way, so I have a hard time believing teething is the problem. She doesn't sleep too much during the day (I think), and we follow our bedtime routine every night. The routine works great on getting her to sleep, but getting her to stay asleep is the problem. I am lost. Tonight we may try some Orajel and maybe even some Tylenol. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what is going on but you had mentioned one time to me that you were going to get an ocean sounds cd for her and I think you should. I will tell you why, I use the vibrating setting on the crib at my house and she will fuss for about 2 minutes and then she falls asleep. I think the sound and movement of the vibration is what is putting her to sleep.

Danna said...

Good idea. I think I'll go get one of those things today. Now...how can I make her crib vibrate? Maybe I'll get one of those back massagers and turn it on and lay it in her crib.