Monday, March 13, 2006

January 2, 2006 was a horrible day for me. It was the day I had to leave Ella and go back to work. I know I shouldn't complain. I got a very generous 14 weeks off with my baby girl, but it was still torture to come to work instead of staying home with my sweet baby girl. Luckily, Ella's good friend Tracy and her Grandma Minnie were going to share the duties of taking care of her while I worked. Not long after I returned to work, we decided that going to one person would be better than two for Ella, so Ella's good friend Tracy took on the job of watching her full time. Ella has tons of fun with her good friend Tracy, so I don't have to worry about her while I work and go to school.

On January 28, 2005, Ella laughed out loud for the first time when I tickled her thigh. Actually, she laughed at her good friend Tracy first, but that really doesn't count in my book (sorry Tracy). I was so happy, I nearly cried! Chuck was mildly amused at this accomplishment, but I was ecstatic! He just doesn't get as excited about the little things as I do. I still get all giddy when she laughs. She isn't the most giggly baby in the world, so her laugh is really a special treat for me. I'm sure you know that her laugh is probably the cutest laugh in the universe (not just the world - the universe).

On January 30, Ella weighed 16lbs 1oz and was 26in long. She really is a big girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you can just refer to me as her friend now. I take care of her and she makes my day a lot brighter. Ella is definitly the most precious baby in my world. She has bright eyes and a great grin that makes everyone smile. She is a huge flirt. Trouble down the road for her parents.