Thursday, March 23, 2006

We tried solid food again last night. Ella is not down with the solid food. We tried yummy, homemade butternut squash first last night. The face she made was like I had just fed her a huge shit sandwich. Each bite was shoved in by me, then promptly shoved out by Ella. I thought maybe she was too hungry to eat - meaning she didn't want to fool with the food, she just wanted fast food (the bottle). So, I gave her a few ounces of her bottle and tried again with the food. Nothing. I thought, "Fine, she doesn't want the squash tonight - I'll try rice cereal instead." Needless to say, after much protest and crying from Ella, we gave up on the rice cereal, too. She took the rest of her bottle and was happy. I'm sure you are surprised, but I don't know what to do. Keep trying I guess. Maybe we'll try a different veggie tonight - acorn squash perhaps?

On another note, Ella is getting another toof and she is not happy about it! Let's just say it's always "Toof-hurty" in Ella-time. So, we are using Orajel, Tylenol, cold wash cloths, pacifiers, and fingers to help relieve the pain in her teef.

No comments: