Monday, March 13, 2006

So, I'm pregnant. Now what? Now comes morning sickness, swollen everything, back pain, leg pain, knee pain, foot pain, pain all over really. I didn't enjoy being pregnant. I won't lie. There were a few high points in the pregnancy, don't get me wrong; but mainly, pregnancy sucks.

On May 5, 2005 we had our first ultrasound. Before that day, I was sure that this little person inside me was a boy. But, as the ultrasound wand passed over my belly, Ella made it clear that she is indeed a girl. I couldn't have been happier. I secretly, or not so secretly, hoped for a girl. I couldn't wait to get started decorating her room, buying her clothes, and getting all sorts of girly things for her.

We had another ultrasound on July 27, 2005. Ella was pretty darn big by that point, and we loved seeing her again. Technology nowadays, I'll tell ya, it's amazing! We also confirmed that she was still, in fact, a girl. As if the previous ultrasound left anything in question.

Next...the birth!

No comments: