Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I'm going back and forth on the whole solid food thing. Ella seems to need something more than just milk at night because she wakes up hungry if she doesn't get cereal. But, she is having trouble drinking all of her milk during the day. Maybe it is her teething, or maybe we need to wait a couple more weeks and try solid food again. I'm just not sure. My pediatrician told me I could start rice cereal at 4 months, so I've given Ella rice cereal on and off for the past month or so - just to get her used to the texture and taste. Moms on my message board give their babies several feedings of solid food a day and everything is fine, but the AAP says babies don't need solids until they are 6 months (a mere two weeks away for us). There doesn't seem to be a right answer about solids. I guess I will go with the AAP and wait another two weeks to try solids again. But now what am I going to do with the freezer full of baby food? Is everything about parenting so complicated? Something tells me it is...

No comments: