Monday, March 13, 2006

Let's take a time machine back to January 21, 2005. That's the day our lives changed forever. Chuck and I had been "trying" to have a baby for 5 months, since August 2004. Each month went by, and each month we were disappointed with one negative pregnancy test after another. But something was different that month. Our pug, Sadie, gave us the first clue that something was different. About a week after conception, Sadie curled up next to my belly in the bed. You may be thinking, "So what, your dog slept next to you, what's the big deal?" Well, Sadie was my dog for about 4 months, then Chuck came into my life and she has been his ever since. Sadie never sleeps next to me. Then, a couple of days later, a coworker asked me if I was pregnant. Why in the world would my coworker think I was pregnant? Very few people knew we were even trying to have a baby!

Then, that Friday morning, 11 days after conception, I took the first pregnancy test. Chuck was in the shower, so I snuck in the bathroom and took the test. As the color moved across the results window, I noticed a line begin to form. Not just any line, but the line. The line that meant there were no longer just two of us. Our baby girl was on her way! I pulled Chuck out of the shower to prove to myself I wasn't seeing things. I wasn't, he assured me, the line was there! I couldn't stop shaking. I was so happy! After 5 long and torturous months, we finally did it! I took the pregnancy test to work, scanned it in to my computer and sent it to my mom. Yes, I really scanned it in and sent the picture out to people. I know, I'm crazy. My mom and dad just happened to be celebrating their 34th wedding anniversary that same day. Happy Anniversary mom and dad!!

No comments: