Thursday, July 14, 2011

34 weeks, 3 days

Both babies passed their BPP today with flying colors - perfect scores all around. The doctor said they are doing great and seem happy in there. We also got a pretty cute 3D picture of Charlie. Mollie never is in a good position for pictures, she's always so low and wiggly.

However, my OB appointment didn't go as well. While I'm in good health, it seems as though the babies are putting a bit too much pressure on my cervix. Today I was 1-2 cm dilated and 70% effaced (the 80% that the nurse in Labor and Delivery said a couple of weeks ago was completely off). So, that means all these contractions I've had day after day are actually doing something. So, the doctor put me on official bed rest and a prescription of Procardia pills every 6 hours around the clock to attempt to keep these babies in another couple of weeks.

We have the c-section scheduled for 1:30pm on 8/2, but no one seems to think I'll make it that long. I'm so miserable that I think these babies are going to stay until they are evicted just to spite me. Anna says the babies are coming tomorrow. We'll see.

I do still plan to go see Harry Potter tomorrow despite the bed rest.

2 comments:

Susan Bunting said...

I am just so happy that everything is going so well, even though you have to go on bed rest. You and Chuck are doing such a fabulous job already with the girls that these babies will be wonderful as well!
I will be sending you positive thoughts, light, and love, Danna. :)

And Charlie is already a little ham. :))

Rebecca Stanton said...

I just love this picture! I hope that the bed rest and Procardia do the trick and these babies stay put for a bit longer. Stay off of your feet and be very careful if you do go to the movies!