Friday, April 01, 2011

18 weeks

On Monday, 3/21, Chuck and I arrived at our ultrasound appointment eager to see the babies again. Sure enough, they were still there, and they were still a boy and a girl. The girl was named "Baby A" and the boy, "Baby B" by the tech and doctor. All of their measurements were excellent, and they were perfect for their gestational age.

Girl - Baby A

Boy - Baby B


We soon left the ultrasound and were called into our appointment with the doctor. The nurse (who I've seen often) still couldn't believe the news. Everyone in the office commented about how "small" I was for twins. The doctor even said that my fundal height wasn't where she would expect for a twin pregnancy. I asked about delivery dates, and she gave 8/9 (38 weeks) as the goal. She seemed optimistic that I will make it to that date, but I have my doubts. Unfortunately, Chuck took her optimism as a guarantee, and took quite a bit of convincing (and speaking to another doctor) to accept that I may deliver at 36 weeks or even earlier (though we hope not). Upon leaving the appointment, we scheduled yet another ultrasound, this time at Maternal Fetal Medicine. I couldn't help but think how ironic it is that struggling with the choice to have an elective ultrasound before my 20 week appointment seemed silly now that I will have 3 within a two week period and many more to come.

No comments: