Friday, April 01, 2011

I'll be honest, I considered giving up the blog in favor of just posting pics here and there on facebook. But then something big happened, well two something bigs.

First of all, just before Christmas 2010 (actually on December 14), we found out that I am pregnant. We were elated, but the morning sickness and mood swings kicked in almost immediately. After making the announcement on Facebook on Christmas Day, I felt that at least I could be open with my sickness. Thank goodness, because by the beginning of January, I was almost an invalid. I was miserably nauseated almost constantly. If I wasn't asleep, I was lying on the couch trying not to heave the massive meal I just ate. As an added blessing, January's weather was tumultuous. Luckily, I never had to go to work for more than a few days a week for the entire month! Some cursed the call for yet another snow day, while I thanked my stars that I got to roll back over and go to sleep.

Ironically, with all the sickness also came a ravenous appetite. I was starving, yet when I ate, I could barely move because of the constant nausea. This increase in my morning sickness symptoms from my pregnancies with Ella and Anna led me to believe that I might be carrying a baby boy this time. I was just 11 weeks, 2 days along in the picture below. I felt bigger than I had with the girls as well, but I attributed my size to this being my 3rd pregnancy. Everyone knows moms show earlier in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. pregnancy. I never thought there might be more than one baby growing in there.

No comments: