Thursday, April 21, 2011

Appointment 4/19/2011 - 22w1d

This appointment was fairly uneventful. I've gained an ungodly amount of weight already (25lbs), but my doc was not concerned and even said it was a normal amount for twins. My belly is measuring 26-27 weeks, which is probably why I feel so huge. I'm having pretty bad reflux/indigestion, so she recommended some medicine for that.

I asked about realistic delivery dates, and she said it is rare to get twins past 37 weeks, and that I would likely deliver the last week of July, which is my 36th week. She also said that it is lucky that school is out soon because she usually has women carrying twins to stop working at 32 weeks. My last day of work before break should be June 8, and I'll be 29w2d.

Also, we've decided to purchase a recliner. Women at work (one of which is a mother of twins herself) said that I won't be able to get in/out of bed toward the end of my pregnancy this time, and a recliner would be much easier and more comfortable for me. Many women also say that nursing twins is easier in recliner than a traditional glider rocker simply because of the size. Chuck wanted one anyway, so it didn't take much convincing!

Finally, we painted the nursery half pink and half blue. The bedding we chose (on our Target registry) coordinates perfectly, and I'm excited to see the final result of the completed nursery.

On a side note, I've developed an unhealthy craving for Twinkies. I hope the babies don't come out fully preserved from all of the artificial ingredients in those things!

1 comment:

Rebecca Stanton said...

Hooray for the recliner! I want to see pics of the nursery...and of you too! I know you said that you feel huge, but no one believes you unless you show us!!