Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Saint Louis - Day 2

We started the day with dinosaurs at the Science Museum.
Ella and Anna were able to explore some of the exhibits at the Science Museum, but it was a little too old for them to thoroughly enjoy.
I, however, enjoyed seeing Chuck's head on a platter.
Our next stop was the Saint Louis Zoo. Which was totally free, as was the Science Museum!

Black Bear. I like to call him Brownie.
Penguins. The penguin exhibit was completely awesome. However, I was a little uncomfortable with how close the penguins actually were. See those shadows in the picture? Yeah, that is us - about a foot away from the little guys. Definitely close enough to get bitten.
The chimps - again, we were very close. This time there was protective glass in between us and the wild animals.
I like to call this guy Mr. Grumpy. He seemed none too happy about us looking at him and even less happy about me taking his picture.
Anna, in her usual fashion, wanted to climb all barriers and get right in the cage with the cute kitties.
Very pretty kitty.
One of the best things about the zoo was Anna pointing at everything to make sure we saw all the cool stuff. Seeing stuff for the first time all over again through her eyes has got to be one of the best parts about being a parent.
Cute baby elephant and mommy elephant.
Anna's favorite - turtles. Well, actually tortoises, but we won't correct her about that yet.
One of my favorite parts of the zoo - the butterfly exhibit. We got up-close-and-personal with some beautiful butterflies. While I am not okay with them touching me or landing on me, I appreciate their beauty and want to take their picture.We ended the day with dinner at India Palace. Aunt Lisa and Art met us there, and the girls finally warmed up to Lisa by the end of dinner (much to her delight).
Day 2 was a success, and we are looking forward to just as much fun tomorrow at the City Museum.

Here is some video of the penguins, hippos, and the cutest baby monkey ever.

1 comment:

Rebecca Stanton said...

Those are all great!! I can't believe it's been so long since I've checked your site. I am glad that you all had such a great time in St. Louis!