Monday, April 03, 2006


A miracle happened tonight. Ella ate! No fussing, no pursing of the lips, no turning of the head - just eating! I was amazed. It took 2 months and no less than 6 people, but we finally outsmarted her! I took the teething biscuit that she likes so much and dipped it in some yummy sweet potatoes. Then, I gave her the biscuit and she chomped on it! Then, I did it again, and she ate more! Then, I took a huge risk and tried the spoon. She ate the sweet potatoes off the spoon!!! I had to sneak the spoon in between cookie bites, but it worked! She ate an entire tablespoon of sweet potatoes. I was feeling lucky, so I thought I'd try a tablespoon of rice cereal. I did the same trick - dipping the cookie in the cereal. She fell for it again!! Six-month olds are so gullible. She ate an entire tablespoon of rice cereal!!! I was shocked, amazed, and utterly ecstatic! I only hope she won't figure it out and realize that I'm tricking her. As you can see from the pictures, it was a messy, but successful adventure.

No comments: