Thursday, June 02, 2011

28 weeks, 3 days

The ultrasound this morning went wonderfully. The girl measured 2lbs 7oz (50%ish), and the boy was 3lbs 1oz (75%ish). While there is a difference between the two, they are each growing as they should on their own growth scales. The doctor isn't worried and attributed the difference to the sexes - little girl, big boy. Everyone is relieved that they are both just fine.

However, the doctor did tell me that I need to rest as much as possible from now on. The babies are growing rapidly now, and every ounce of energy, oxygen, calories, etc. I expend by walking, shopping, working, etc., takes away from them. Apparently the babies need me to lay around and eat and help them grow, so that is what I plan to do as much as possible.

I have another OB appointment in 2 weeks and an ultrasound in 3 weeks. In the mean time, the Pearsall's have a busy schedule (that Chuck is going to have to take over!). Both Chuck and I have Professional Development the next four work days, the girls start swim lessons Monday, then Ella has Girl Scout day camp the following week; not to mention the Heartland Parade, Chuck's band concert, doctor's appointments, a Louisville Bats game, and Girl Scout meetings. I guess laying around is going to be harder than I thought...

For your enjoyment and amusement, here is a picture of me and my ginormous belly at 28 weeks.
And for comparison, 38 weeks or so with Anna - about 2 days before delivery.

No comments: