Monday, June 21, 2010

Vacation Day 6: 6-10-10

We spent yet another morning at the beach, and it was fantastic. The men and girls were busy building a sand castle, and Bethany and I finally got to enjoy the waves a bit.
Anna probably made 100 trips from the ocean to the various sand castle sites through the week. She is so busy.



After the beach and lunch, we headed south to Myrtle Beach proper - to the "strip". After getting a little lost, we finally were able to walk around and view all of the various storefronts. The most impressive by far was the "Gay Dolphin". This shop is a legend in Myrtle Beach, and for good reason. I cannot even begin to describe the incredible volume of "stuff" in this labyrinth of a store. I could barely venture 15 feet in before I feared I would get lost and never emerge. There are several floors (I'm not sure how many), packed floor to ceiling with nautical nick-nacks of all shapes and sizes. There was not one inch of unused space, and the aisles were just wide enough to squeeze through. You cannot understand the "Gay Dolphin" until you see it for yourself.

We ended the last day of the Tiesman's visit with a nice dinner and some outlet shopping. I can't pass up a good deal, and I scored big time at The Children's Place Outlet. I just can't help myself.

No comments: