Friday, October 05, 2007

Doctor Visits!

Ella and Anna went to the doctor yesterday for regular checkups. Here are their stats:

Ella - 28 lbs, 35 inches tall. She is doing great!

Anna - 8lbs 9oz, 20 inches tall. I tried to get advice about Anna's gas problems and the nurse practitioner basically said to burp her more and give her gas drops. Wow...that's helpful. However, after searching the internet, I found info about hyperactive letdown and gas issues. I think this is what is causing Anna's pain. So, I'll try some things that deal with the hyperactive letdown. If that doesn't work, I think we'll unfortunately try breast milk from a bottle (or formula) to see if that makes a difference.

Because of Anna's gas troubles, I've barely been able to get 2-3 hours of consecutive sleep at night. Needless to say, I'm tired, cranky, and going a little crazy. Add a needy two year old to the mix and I feel like a zombie just trying to keep everyone happy.

No comments: